With mobile deposit, you can deposit a cheque anytime, anywhere, without having to go to your caisse or an ATM. It’s easy, just take a picture!
Already use Desjardins mobile services? We are proud to announce a new feature to make your transactions easier!
Now you can deposit a cheque without having to go to your caisse or ATM. This fast and secure option gives you easy access to your funds.
How does it work?
Next, enter the amount of the cheque and select the account you want to deposit to. The amount deposited will immediately be available in your account. Repeat for each cheque you wish to deposit. It’s simple, instant and free!
What you need to know
When you deposit a cheque using mobile deposit, it is important to keep the original cheque for 10 days and then securely destroy it afterward. Here is a bunch of other helpful information on using this new service:
- There are no fees for using this feature.
- Most cheques are eligible for mobile deposit.
- The cheque to be deposited must be in Canadian dollars and must come from a Canadian financial institution.
- The mobile deposit can be made to a chequing account or a non-registered regular savings account.
- The rules on hold periods for funds deposited this way are the same as for cheques deposited at the caisse counter.
- Certain restrictions apply to deposit amounts:
- Deposits of under $2,000 from financial institutions outside Quebec
- Limit of $10,000 deposited per day and $100,000 per 30-day period
With mobile deposit, Desjardins makes your regular transactions easier than ever, anytime, anywhere. Give it a try today!